EOTC SMP template material has been formatted into Google Docs for the benefit of schools that use the Google platform.
1. The EOTC SMP Template:
A copy of the EOTC Safety Management Plan (SMP) template is found here. It is a Word Document.
2. The tools (18):
1. You will need to copy each separate document to your Google Drive.
2. Make sure you are in the Google Account you wish to copy into before starting
3. Right-click the Doc to copy, then select copy from the drop-down menu
Each Doc will save to your default Google Docs page. You then become the owner and can share with your school.
Note: If the EOTC Coordinator is the ‘owner' of the docs, they can share within the staff. The EOTC Coordinator can also control the settings so that each time a staff member completes a form they will be notified and will be able to comment on it, thus recording a dialogue.
3. The 4 template tools formatted as Google Forms:
Google Forms have been set up for template tools 4, 9, 15, and 17.
Please copy by following the instructions below. You can then send them out to parents etc. and all data will go into a spreadsheet.
1. For each of the forms open the link
2. Click on the box at the top right of the page that opens (has a pencil shape in the box). If the page doesn’t have the box with the pencil go straight to step #3 below.
3. On the next page that comes up, click on the 3 little dots (the ‘More' button at the top right of the page beside the 'SEND’ button).
Acknowledgement: This EOTC SMP template and tools were created, modified, and combined by a project team led by EONZ (Fiona McDonald), with New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association (Jo Parsons), Horizons Unlimited (Mark Smith), Perry Outdoor Education Trust (Gemma Periam), Roncalli College (Guy Sutherland), and Papanui High School (Phil Washbourn).