COVID-19 EOTC Advice
COVID-19 has been classified a pandemic, is a notifiable disease and it is critical that schools keep informed with the most current information. Schools planning EOTC should check and follow advice from the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education.
Go to the websites below:
Keep a watching brief for any changes posted on the Ministry of Health site prior to the day of any EOTC.
The Ministry of Education page provides guidance for schools, including such considerations as emergency management planning, pandemic planning and management of overseas trips (make sure to check the tab called More advice for schools/kura).
- Check the Advice on mass gatherings tab on the Ministry of Education website page linked above
- Ensure that the hygiene advice from the Ministry of Health is followed.
- Ensure emergency plans are in place for any contagious events, e.g. Norovirus (vomiting and diarrhoea bugs), as well as COVIC-19.
- If you are using an external provider, ensure they are following the Ministry of Health guidance.
- Ask your provider what additional precautions have been put in place.
This guidance also applies to sports events. Note the School Sport New Zealand website for the most current information concerning secondary school sport.
The Ministry of Health Healthline team for COVID-19 can be contacted for health advice and information on 0800 358 5453.