Revisioning School Camps PLD
This superb PLD uses a model of Teacher as Inquiry to re-envisage and actualise school camps. It draws on a teaching and learning resource called Revisioning School Camps to support teachers in the development of localised, place-responsive and student-centred school camp programmes.
Keen to learn more our ‘Revisioning School Camps’ PLD?
Join Sophie Watson, the PLD coordinator, for this three-part webinar series, where you’ll get a taster of what’s included in the PLD, as well as some tips for how to get started in your revisioning journey. We’ll be talking about the ‘what, why and how’ of revisioning a school camp, will unpack the four key concepts that sit behind the PLD, and you’ll hear from two schools about their revisioning experience.
Each webinar is 40 minutes, which includes 10 minutes Q&A.
12th August 2021 Time: 3.45pm -4.30pm
The ‘what, why & how’ of revisioning your school camps, and how to address common challenges
Thursday 26th August 2021 Time: 3.45pm - 4.30pm
An overview of the four key concepts and examples of what they look like in a camp context.
Thursday 9th September 2021 Time: 3.45pm - 4.30pm
Two case study schools will share their ‘revisioning’ journey.
Please register for each webinar that you wish to attend. Once registered, you will receive a webinar link, and instructions on how to connect.
Please note: If you are unable to attend a webinar session, you’ll be pleased to know that each session will be recorded and uploaded to the EONZ website.
Further Full PLD opportunities 2021
We will be bringing the PLD to further regions / Kāhui Ako/ clusters. You can Leave your interest in having the full PLD come to your region.
- Is applicable across curriculum levels, targeting middle schooling
- Provides guidance and suggested teaching and learning approaches for schools wishing to provide quality camp learning experiences for their students
- Involves a 1-day workshop followed by a second part-day and ONGOING ACTIVE SUPPORT over 6-9 months to assist teachers to implement changes in their practice
- Re-visioning School Camps, a Teaching and Learning Resource underpins the PLD
- Has been made free to participating schools through the Ministry of Education Networks of Expertise funding.
Great cases studies track the journey of a selection of schools that have participated to date. Check them out.
Read about the School Camp Reboot feature in Education Gazette ISSUE: VOLUME 99, NUMBER 12