Revisioning School Camps PLD
This superb PLD uses a model of Teacher as Inquiry to re-envisage and actualise school camps. It draws on a teaching and learning resource called Revisioning School Camps to support teachers in the development of localised, place-responsive and student-centred school camp programmes.
We are currently planning for 2021 and look forward to bringing the PLD to your region / Kahuii Ako/ cluster. Leave your interest in having the PLD come to your region.
- Is applicable across curriculum levels, targeting middle schooling
- Provides guidance and suggested teaching and learning approaches for schools wishing to provide quality camp learning experiences for their students
- Involves a 1-day workshop followed by a second part-day and ONGOING ACTIVE SUPPORT over 6-9 months to assist teachers to implement changes in their practice
- Re-visioning School Camps, a Teaching and Learning Resource underpins the PLD
- Has been made free to participating schools through the Ministry of Education Networks of Expertise funding.
Great cases studies track the journey of a selection of schools that have participated to date. Check them out.
Read about the School Camp Reboot feature in Education Gazette ISSUE: VOLUME 99, NUMBER 12