Revisioning School Camps PLD
This superb PLD uses a model of Teacher as Inquiry to re-envisage and actualise school camps. It draws on a teaching and learning resource called Revisioning School Camps to support teachers in the development of localised, place-responsive and student-centred school camp programmes.
Have you heard about this professional development but haven’t had the chance to attend? Are you keen to learn more before signing up?
Here is an opportunity for schools to attend a 2hr wānanga with existing PLD participants.
During the FREE wānanga you will learn more about the RSC PLD, network with local schools, and experience activities that you can use to 're-vision' your own school camps. You will take away:
Registrations for each regional wānanga will close 5 days before the scheduled date.
Also, keep an eye out for our upcoming 3-part webinar series that delves into the RSC PLD further.
Have a question? Please email PLD lead, Sophie Watson.
Further Full PLD opportunities 2021
We will be bringing the PLD to further regions / Kahuii Ako/ clusters. You can Leave your interest in having the full PLD come to your region.
- Is applicable across curriculum levels, targeting middle schooling
- Provides guidance and suggested teaching and learning approaches for schools wishing to provide quality camp learning experiences for their students
- Involves a 1-day workshop followed by a second part-day and ONGOING ACTIVE SUPPORT over 6-9 months to assist teachers to implement changes in their practice
- Re-visioning School Camps, a Teaching and Learning Resource underpins the PLD
- Has been made free to participating schools through the Ministry of Education Networks of Expertise funding.
Great cases studies track the journey of a selection of schools that have participated to date. Check them out.
Read about the School Camp Reboot feature in Education Gazette ISSUE: VOLUME 99, NUMBER 12