- Payments by Parents of Students in State and State-integrated Schools Circular 2013/06
Circular 2013/06 Summary flowchart (November 2016) PDF link
- Safety checking workers and child protection policy for schools and kura direct link
- What checks do I need to undertake for adults coming into my school or kura? direct link
The SMP template provides a framework for EOTC management supporting a school-wide health and safety management system. The template:
- Sits alongside safety management plans for other areas within the school
- Uses new tools from the EOTC Guidelines 2016, Bringing the Curriculum Alive Tool Kit
Go to Appendix 4 of the EOTC Guidelines 2016 Bringing the Curriculum Alive
Utilise the material to review current school processes. Make use of a Forms Comparison Table, which aligns the present forms with the old versions. The new forms were brought in on 1 July 2017.
GOOGLE DOCS OPTION
Template tools and forms in Google Docs format have been developed for schools using Google Docs.
Acknowledgement: This EOTC SMP template and tools were created, modified, and combined by a project team led by EONZ (Fiona McDonald), with New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association (Jo Parsons), Horizons Unlimited (Mark Smith), Perry Outdoor Education Trust (GemmaPeriam), Roncalli College (Guy Sutherland), and Papanui High School (Phil Washbourn).
- NZ Police Updated Vetting Service Request and Consent Form and a new Guide to completing the Consent Form (Covers Police vetting considerations in relation to employment, contractors, children's workers, parents, volunteers)
- NZ Transport Agency Worktime and logbook requirements for commercial drivers. See information on driver hours and length of drivers working day and NZTA reference in EOTC Guidelines 2016, P39, Para 149.
Child protection policies direct link
Children’s worker safety checking under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 direct link
Activity Safety Guidelines (ASGs) direct link
Key messages for schools around the Adventure Activities Regulations The go-to summary of need-to-know information for schools about Health and Safety at Work (Adventure Activities) Regulations 2016. It includes relevant links to current WorkSafe information such as the register of adventure activity operators.
Table of sources of written good practice information (Current at April 2016) direct link
Other sources of good practice information direct link
- OutdoorsMark EOTC and Outdoor Education Audit Form This is an audit tool that has been made freely available to schools for self-audit. The form supports an external audit called OutdoorsMark EOTC/ Outdoor Education. More information can be found at the dedicated Skills Active Aotearoa website outdoorsmark.org.nz. Use the top right download tab in Dropbox where the form is housed to select a download option onto your computer. This Dropbox link will always take users to the most updated version. Taking it from there will ensure you are using the most updated version.
- Staffing and Supervision Adapted from an original article called Let's no longer talk Ratios, G Periam Out and About Summer 2006/7
Severity Scale information - link