- Circular 2013/06 Summary flowchart (November 2016) PDF link
The SMP provides a framework for EOTC management supporting a school-wide health and safety management system. The template:
- Sits alongside safety management plans for other areas within the school
- Tools used are the same updated forms as in the Tool Box of the EOTC Guidelines 2016, Bringing the Curriculum Alive update of 1 July 2017.
To view and download go to Appendix 4 of the EOTC Guidelines 2016 Bringing the Curriculum Alive
Utilise the material to review current school processes. Make use of the Forms Comparison Table, downloadable here
GOOGLE FORMS OPTION
- Template tools and forms in Google Docs format have been developed for schools using Google Docs. Full details and links are provided here.
Acknowledgement: This EOTC SMP template and tools were created, modified, and combined by a project team led by EONZ (Fiona McDonald), with New Zealand Outdoor Instructors Association (Jo Parsons), Horizons Unlimited (Mark Smith), Perry Outdoor Education Trust (GemmaPeriam), Roncalli College (Guy Sutherland), and Papanui High School (Phil Washbourn).
- NZ Police Updated Vetting Service Request and Consent Form and a new Guide to completing the Consent Form (Covers Police vetting considerations in relation to employment, contractors, children's workers, parents, volunteers)
- NZ Transport Agency Worktime and logbook requirements for commercial drivers. See information on driver hours and length of drivers working day and NZTA reference in EOTC Guidelines 2016, P39, Para 149.
- Oranga Tamariki Ministry for Vulnerable Children
Child protection policies direct link
Children’s worker safety checking under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 direct link
See the 29 Get Outdoors - Planning Essentials short clip video series, accessible on UTube:
Activity Safety Guidelines (ASGs) direct link
Table of sources of written good practice information (Current at April 2016) direct link
Other sources of good practice information direct link
- OutdoorsMark EOTC and Outdoor Education Audit Form This is an audit tool that has been made freely available to schools for self-audit. The form supports an external audit called OutdoorsMark EOTC/ Outdoor Education. More information can be found at the dedicated Skills Active Aotearoa website outdoorsmark.org.nz. Use the top right download tab in Dropbox where the form is housed to select a download option onto your computer. This Dropbox link will always take users to the most updated version. Taking it from there will ensure you are using the most updated version.
Severity Scale information - link