- Payments by Parents of Students in State and State-integrated Schools Circular 2013/06
Circular 2013/06 Summary flowchart (November 2016) PDF link
- Safety checking workers and child protection policy for schools and kura direct link
- What checks do I need to undertake for adults coming into my school or kura? direct link
(from the Ministry Bulletin for SCHOOL LEADERS He Pitopito Kōrero ISSUE No. 83)
- NZ Police Updated Vetting Service Request and Consent Form and a new Guide to completing the Consent Form (Covers Police vetting considerations in relation to employment, contractors, children's workers, parents, volunteers)
- NZ Transport Agency Worktime and logbook requirements for commercial drivers. See information on driver hours and length of drivers working day and NZTA reference in EOTC Guidelines 2016, P39, Para 149.
Child protection policies direct link
Children’s worker safety checking under the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 direct link
Activity Safety Guidelines (ASGs) direct link
Key messages for schools around the Adventure Activities Regulations The go-to summary of need-to-know information for schools about Health and Safety at Work (Adventure Activities) Regulations 2016. It includes relevant links to current WorkSafe information such as the register of adventure activity operators.
Table of sources of written good practice information (Current at April 2016) direct link
Other sources of good practice information direct link
- OutdoorsMark EOTC and Outdoor Education Audit Form This is an audit tool that has been made freely available to schools for self-audit. The form supports an external audit called OutdoorsMark EOTC/ Outdoor Education. More information can be found at the dedicated Skills Active Aotearoa website outdoorsmark.org.nz. Use the top right download tab in Dropbox where the form is housed to select a download option onto your computer. This Dropbox link will always take users to the most updated version. Taking it from there will ensure you are using the most updated version.
- Staffing and Supervision Adapted from an original article called Let's no longer talk Ratios, G Periam Out and About Summer 2006/7
Severity Scale information - link