Ministry of Education & other agency resources
Ministry of Education
- EOTC Guidelines 2016 - Bringing the Curriculum Alive
- Fees, charges and donations
- Donations Scheme FAQs
- Health and Safety Act 2015 A practical guide for boards of trustees and school leaders. This guide is subject to periodic update. Check any downloaded copy against the date on the online version.
- What checks do I need to undertake for adults coming into my school or kura?
Other Government Agencies:
Find Vetting Service Requests and Consent Forms, and a guide to completing the Consent Forms, which covers Police vetting considerations in relation to employment, contractors, children's workers, parents, and volunteers.
NZ Transport Agency
Worktime and logbook requirements for commercial drivers. This information is referenced in relation to driver hours and length of drivers working day in the EOTC Guidelines 2016, P39, Para 149.
Codes of practice and impact codes for a range of outdoor environments.
The New Zealand Walking Access Commission Ara Hīkoi Aotearoa provides leadership on outdoor access issues and administers a national strategy on outdoor access, including tracks and trails. Check their Mapping information, also the Knowledge Base and Education Resources.
MSC produces excellent resources and other specific land-based safety information. The website is full of resources and insights, including a great tool called Plan my trip, the Outdoor Safety Code, and a growing repository of video clips published on UTube.
Activity-specific good practice information, including Activity Safety Guidelines (ASGs) and Good Practice Guidelines (GPGs)
- Adventure Activity Regulations
- Audit Tools
- EOTC FAQs
- EOTC Management Zoom Series
- EOTC SMP Template & Tool Kit Forms
- Google format for EOTC Tool Kit
- Good Practice Guidelines
- Ministry of Education & other agency resources
- Online Learning Modules
- Streamlining school processes
- The National EOTC Coordinator Database
- Working with External Providers