EOTC & Effective Safety Management Systems
This Core EOTC PLD is for schools seeking to:
- understand and implement good practice processes in EOTC, and to
- embed them in programmes and school-wide safety systems
The workshop series comes FREE to school staff and members of school boards of trustees through support from the Ministry of Education.
We are collecting expressions of interest in being emailed as soon as new PLD comes on stream early in 2021.
Your interest also informs where PLD will be held.
- Schools whose staff have not previously engaged with the Ministry of Education guidelines for EOTC. Schools with new staff
- Schools wishing to implement good practice systems, and/ or
- Schools seeking support with implementation and review.
Most benefit is gained when a school can send at least two people, including a combination of the senior leadership team, the EOTC coordinator, and a lead practising teacher. Ideally, a third person is a member of the school board.
If experienced in the application of accepted current EOTC management practice and looking to critique your processes and share practice, then the 1-Day Embedding Good Practice workshop is for you. Check the details through the link provided. If you remain uncertain which PLD is the best fit, contact us for guidance.
About the PLD:
Each day runs from 8.45 am - 4.00 pm
More than 3 registrations from any one school will only be accepted if the workshop is not full
Carries o discussan expectation that participants can attend both days
Morning tea and lunch provided
Specific workshop aims:
- To support understanding of key concepts that underpin safe quality teaching and learning across all EOTC environments through an understanding of the Guidelines;
- To provide training on leading change consistent with accepted good practice;
- To build capacity within schools to maximise safety and learning across all EOTC contexts;
- To offer guidance in the implementation of key components of the Guidelines.
What previous attendees said:
"So many good resources provided to explore and to guide our review"
"Great to hear current EOTC practices and loved hearing the range of EOTC the tamariki experience"
"A great time to review our policies"
"PLD that supported us to consolidate rationalise the WHY we engage in EOTC, in turn leading to better understanding of EOTC process and the need to have good systems in place"